|Job title||VAC-6720 Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor|
|Number of vacancies||1|
Certificate in Marine/Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Technician with at least 4 years’ experience as Mechanic on a large capacity Gas or Diesel Engines Power Plant and minimum 7 years working as a mechanical maintenance technician in a Power Plant. (essential).
Minimum of 4 year/s of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Mechanical experience (essential).
Minimum of 1 year/s of demonstrable relevant Power Plant experience (essential).
Minimum of 3 year/s of demonstrable relevant Maritime Services experience (essential).
Minimum of 3 year/s of experience in Africa (desirable).
Fluent in English (essential).
Fluent in French (essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
Symbion Energy is currently looking for qualified candidates to a fill position to manage one 40MW HFO plant, expanding to include seven additional power plants totalling 112MW.
· In coordination with the Maintenance Manager, identify and prepare a list of all needed Mechanical Spare Parts, Tools, Materials, and Other Supplies for procurement to ensure their availability when needed to complete all Planned and Unplanned Maintenance works on time.
· To lead and supervise in the prudent execution of mechanical predictive, preventive, and corrective Maintenance of the Engines, complying with the procedures and norms established within the Company to contribute to the Engine’s best performance.
· To lead and supervise in the performance of prudent mechanical corrective, predictive, and preventive Maintenance to all other Plant Auxiliary Equipment based on the tasks assigned by his Superior.
· To carry out all Mechanical preventive, predictive, and corrective Maintenance on the MV and LV System, including Transformers.
· Coordinate with the Maintenance manager regarding the Work Plans to determine maintenance priorities based on necessities not to disrupt the Plant’s smooth operation.
· To carry out the necessary inspections on both visual and use of instruments to keep the Plant under good condition and stable operation thus preventing unnecessary and costly failures of the Engines and Auxiliaries.
· To lead and supervise other mechanical maintenance activities assigned by his superiors according to Work Order’s requirements.
· To fill up all information required in the Work Order for recording in the CMMS for future reference.
· Keep constant communication and coordination with your Superiors and the Operations personnel on ongoing Work’s progress and status.
· To interpret drawings, sketches, diagrams, and Plant equipment instructions to guarantee Maintenance’s correct actions and propose timely adjustments and modifications if needed.
· To record all activities in the logbook by detailing the works performed daily to keep updated information for future reference.
· To ensure that all the assigned activities are performed safely and healthy based on the norms established by the Company.
· To lead and supervise the modifications and improvement projects programmed by the Maintenance Manager to optimize the equipment's operation.
· To perform other works that his superiors may assign.
This role reports to the Project Manager
Marine/Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Technician with at least 4 years’ experience as Mechanic on a large capacity Gas or Diesel Engines Power Plant and minimum 7 years working as a mechanical maintenance technician in a Power Plant.
Computer literate and preferably knows how to work on any CMMS Software.
Team management experience is required for this role.