|Job title||VAC-6715 Operation & Maintenance Manager|
|Number of vacancies||1|
Bachelor's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years’ experience as Manager on a large capacity Gas or Diesel Engine Power Plant preferably on an O & M Contract and have 15 years minimum experience working in Power Plants. (essential).
Minimum of 5 year/s of demonstrable relevant Energy & Power experience (essential).
Minimum of 5 year/s of demonstrable relevant Power Plant experience (essential).
Minimum of 5 year/s of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Electrical experience (essential).
Minimum of 5 year/s of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Mechanical experience (essential).
Minimum of 3 year/s of experience in Africa (desirable).
Fluent in English (essential).
Fluent in French (essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
Symbion Energy is currently looking for qualified candidates to a fill position to manage one 40MW HFO plant, expanding to include seven additional power plants totalling 112MW.
· In collaboration with the Plant Manager, prepares the Annual operation & maintenance plan based on the Forecasted energy dispatch from the Control grid center, Annual O&M Budget for the corresponding Spare parts, Consumable materials, and other Supplies requirements of the Plant and to plan, organize and implement the proper implementation of all Operation & Maintenance activities.
· Ensures that policies and procedures are adopted and implemented for the right, proper, and efficient Operation & Maintenance of the Power plant and provides the employees compliance under his command.
· Coordinate with the Operation supervisor on the planned Plant's Daily, Weekly, and Monthly energy dispatch requirements to ensure Plant Availability's full compliance and sustain the operational demand.
· Prepare Spare parts, Materials, and other Supplies requirements of the whole Plant to make Purchase requisitions, acquire Price quotations, and create Purchase orders for the Plant manager's approval for final procurement.
· To organize and prepare all needed tests protocol for the Annual Capacity Test and ensure a smooth and successful carrying out of the tests.
· Provides sound leadership and ensures the continuous development and training of Operation & Maintenance Personnel in response to priorities, practices, and technical know-how.
· Reviews and evaluates the operating data of the Plant's machineries and Auxiliary equipment. Plans, organizes, and implements corrective actions to ensure their maximum operational efficiency.
· According to the Company's and acceptable International Standards, to determine and implement improvements to attain the Plant's best Operation and maintenance.
· To develop data about the Operation & Maintenance Budget of the Plant, ensuring that costs are controlled within the approved expenditure amount and advise the Plant Manager of exceptional matters related to Operation & maintenance. To review the Purchase Orders that exceed a predetermined level of approval, before which it allows procurement.
· To organize and ensure that the Engines and Auxiliary equipment are prepared for the Annual Capacity Test and manage and have the Plant ready for the Annual Environmental Compliance Audit to obtain the necessary Permit to Operate.
· Coordinate with all departments regarding Work Plans to determine priorities based on necessities not to disrupt the Plant's smooth Operation.
· Keeps detailed records of the Plant status to keep track of the different Predictive, Preventive, and Corrective types of Maintenances, the parts replacements, and the maintenance costs.
· Coordination with the Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) Officer, ensures the Facility's implementation and compliance concerning the Environmental Rules and Regulations and promotes the timely preparation of reports as required.
· To direct, control, and monitor his subordinates' performance to strictly follow the Operation & Maintenance Procedures and ensure compliance with the Company's Safety Standards and Procedures.
· To prepare the Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual Operations Reports, whichever applies in the Executive Report. The report includes Energy productions, Water consumption, Lube oil consumption, Fuel Consumption, and Parasitic Energy Consumption.
· Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance reports, machine breakdown reports, recommendations, and records for a world-class facility's continuing operation & maintenance management.
· To initiate and participate in a daily, weekly, or monthly meeting to identify prevailing situations and activities in the Operations & Maintenance and review reports to ensure continuous improvement of operations & maintenance performance.
· To perform other works that his Superiors may assign.
This role reports to the Project Manager
Must be a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience as Manager on a large capacity Gas or Diesel Engine Power Plant preferably on an O & M Contract and have 15 years minimum experience working in Power Plants.
Computer literate and must have knowledge working on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Software
Team management experience is required for this role.