|Job title||VAC-6712 Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Supervisor|
|Number of vacancies||1|
Certificate in Electrical or Electronics Engineer or Technician with at least 4 years work experience as Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Supervisor or Technician on a large capacity Gas or Diesel Engine Power Plant and minimum of 7 years working in a Power Plant. (essential).
Minimum of 1 year/s of demonstrable relevant Energy & Power experience (essential).
Minimum of 1 year/s of demonstrable relevant Power Plant experience (essential).
Minimum of 3 year/s of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Electrical experience (essential).
Minimum of 1 year/s of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Mechanical experience (essential).
Minimum of 3 year/s of experience in Africa (desirable).
Fluent in English (essential).
Fluent in French (essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
Symbion Energy is currently looking for qualified candidates to a fill position to manage one 40MW HFO plant, expanding to include seven additional power plants totalling 112MW.
· To lead and supervise in the carrying out of all Electrical, Instrumentation & Control maintenance activities for the Engine-Generator Sets, Auxiliaries and other machineries or equipment whether Predictive, Preventive or Corrective Maintenance based on outlined procedures and in compliance with the established standards to ensure their proper functionality.
· To lead and supervise on the carrying out of all Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Preventive, Predictive and Corrective Maintenance on the MV and LV System including Transformers.
· To coordinate with the Maintenance Manager in carrying out all other scheduled Predictive, Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities on other Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Maintenance of the Plant Facility
· To monitor all ongoing Electrical, Instrumentation & Control activities being carried out by Contractors in the Plant to ensure that all company procedures are followed and the results are satisfactory and comply with all the specifications outlined in the contract.
· In coordination with the Maintenance Manager to identify and prepare list of all needed Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Spare Parts, Tools, Materials and other Supplies for procurement to ensure their availability when needed to complete all Planned and Unplanned maintenance works on time.
· To coordinate with the Maintenance Manager regarding Work Plans to determine maintenance priorities based on necessities in order not to disrupt the smooth operation of the Plant.
· To prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly progress report to the Maintenance Manager on all completed and ongoing maintenance activities including special cases under his responsibility.
· In coordination with the Maintenance Manager, to assist in the preparation of Annual Maintenance Budget for Electrical, Instrumentation & Control by always taking into account the most economical way without sacrificing the quality.
· To be able to interpret drawings, diagrams, charts and other special instructions for Electrical, Instrumentation & Control of the Engine-Generator Sets, Auxiliaries and other Plant equipment to ensure a correct and fast troubleshooting in case of abnormalities.
· To work on the Computerize Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to record all completed jobs under his responsibility for future reference and history of all activities done in the Plant are recorded properly
· To record and maintain all Electrical, Instrumentation and Control maintenance activities on a Logbook for future reference.
· To perform inspection of materials in stock and equipment purchased by the plant to ensure compliance with requirements.
· To comply with all Environment, Health and Safety established Procedures and Standards of the company to preserve the integrity and security of personnel, and equipment or the Plant Facility as a whole.
· To perform other works that his superiors may assign.
This role reports to the Project Manager
Electrical or Electronics Engineer or Technician with at least 4 years work experience as Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Supervisor or Technician on a large capacity Gas or Diesel Engine Power Plant and minimum of 7 years working in a Power Plant.
Preferably have very good knowledge of PLC
Computer literate and must have knowledge working on any CMMS Software
Team management experience is required for this role.