|Job title||VAC-6615 Architecture Engineer|
|Number of vacancies||1|
Bachelor's in Architectural Engineering (essential).
Minimum of 2 year/s of demonstrable relevant Architecture experience (essential).
Minimum of 2 year/s of experience in Middle East (essential).
Fluent in English (essential).
Fluent in Arabic (essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
Our client is undertaking a project that aims to restore access to critical urban service in selected cities within the Republic of Yemen under Yemen Integrated Urban Services Emergency Project – Phase two (YIUSEP-II). One of these services is TMS and SWM services. Our client will be responsible for the design and implementation works of TMS and SWM that will increase the targeted facilities’ reliability and service capacity. All of that to be done ensuring highest standards in design, and respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for aesthetics, safety and sustainability.
To hire a professional Consultant Engineer able to provide a variety of engineering services required by our client under instructions and directions of the Project Manager, Renewable Energy Specialist, and City Engineer. The engineering services desired include, but are not limited to:
· Submission of a proposal for a complete engineering plan to rehabilitate and improve the site, in order to be an outdoor area provided for enjoyment by the residents of the neighbourhood.
· Coordination with the beneficiaries and local authorities during the preparation of the plans and taking inconsideration their observations in order to reflect them in the proposed plan.
· Prepare and submit the final plan, after the beneficiary's approval.
The engineering services desired include, but are not limited to preparation of plans, specifications and estimates of costs for project, detailed studies on specific items, conducting investigations, preparation of reports, inspection, and construction contract administration. This will include but not limited to:
· Carry out field visits to the site to inspect and verify the actual needs, collect data, taking measurements, etc.
· Preparation of specialized engineering studies on a variety of subjects including, but not limited to project scope studies, plans, specifications, BoQs and tender documentations for construction projects varying in complexity, for a portion or the entire project. Services may include preliminary plans and cost estimates, necessary field work, drafting, design, surveying, bid assistance, construction inspection, and project management to facilitate review and approval processes, in addition to providing a detailed estimate of cost for the work.
· Coordinate, facilitate and/or attend project-related meetings, such as pre-bid, pre-construction and project progress meetings.
· Perform various tasks as requested for the preparation of engineering construction plans. The desired services will include, but not be limited to the gathering of required data and providing digital submissions. It is understood that the final work product will be a complete document that will contain all known site features and will be ready for use as a base for final engineering plans.
· Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of designing processes by executing/administering a variety of technical design transactions, preparing materials/documentations, complying with our client processes and procedures.
· Working in coordination with our client design team, City Engineers and Social Safeguard Officer.
· The consultant will prepare and deliver the required documents in a professional way within specified working period(s).
· Any additional duties required to fulfil the project scope.
· The consultant will prepare and deliver the required documents in a professional way within specified working period which will include but not limited to:
- Technical assessment report.
- High quality digital photographs.
- AutoCAD detailed design using approved layout templates.
- Sizing Calculation sheets.
- Bill of Quantities (BOQ), including detailed specifications and cost estimation.
· All team’s members shall work side by side and perform all tasks assigned cooperatively.
· Protecting the confidentiality of work.
· Any additional duties required as needed within the scope of the project.
To the Project Manager
· 2 years working experience in project assessment, design and management experience in architectural design and implementation is essential.
· Experience in the usage of computers and software packages (Autodesk AutoCAD, Microsoft office).
· Very Good Knowledge in written and oral English and Arabic languages is required.
· Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
· Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
· Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
· Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
· Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
· Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving
· Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.