|Job title||VAC-6445 Field Assistant - CCCM|
|Duration||0 year 4 months|
Bachelor's in Management, Business administration, Social sciences or related field of study with 3 years of professional experience. Or (Desirable).
High School in relevant qualifications with 5 years of professional experiences. (Essential).
Minimum of 3 year/s of demonstrable relevant Gender Programmes experience(Desirable).
Minimum of 3 year/s of experience in Africa (Essential).
fluent in English (Essential).
fluent in Somali (Essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
The IOM Somalia team is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of
Sub-Office/ CCCM Programme Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme
Manager, CCCM/DTM, the successful candidate will be responsible for IOM’s Site
Management operations as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that
activities implemented are in line with the CCCM Global Cluster policies and
1. Support coordination with various operational partners and other relevant stakeholders by maintaining regular communications and participating in joint activities such as field assessments;
2. Monitor service provision and the overall site conditions to identify outstanding needs, and liaise with relevant partners to address any shortcomings, in compliance with agreed standards;
3. Provide support in identifying, analysing and prioritising site needs, and engage the displaced community in developing strategies to address any problems;
4. Develop, maintain and disseminate service mappings of the sites to identify gaps and advocate for solutions;
5. Conduct site safety audits and engage relevant partners on the results, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the site populations;
6. Facilitate mobilization, training, and equipping of displaced communities;
7. Monitor and document all site maintenance and risk reduction works and regularly visit sites to ensure minimum standards are met;
8. Account for and ensure maintenance of equipment, supplies and facilities needed for CCCM activities;
9. Assist in compilation of timely and comprehensive reports
10. Perform any other duties as may be required
Under the direct
supervision of the Head of Sub-Office/ CCCM Programme Officer and the overall
supervision of the Programme Manager
· University degree in Management, Business administration, Social sciences or related field of study with 3 years of professional experience. Or
· A high School diploma/Certificate of above relevant qualifications with 5 years of professional experiences.
· At least 4 years of experience in a similar geographical context
· Experience working with IDP/refugee community group/committees, particularly women’s or minority groups and/or on Protection programming
· Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned
· Ability to pay close attention to details, take initiative and work with minimal supervision
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel
· Experience using Kobo toolbox, ODK, or other mobile based data collection app
· Excellent communication skills.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
No Team Management needed
This position is highly recommended for a
qualified female candidate