|Job title||VAC-6439 Electrical Engineer|
|Location||Aden, Sanaa and Al Mukala|
|Duration||0 year 5 months|
Bachelors in 4 Years (Essential).
Minimum of 4 Years year/s of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Electrical experience(Essential).
Minimum of 4 Years year/s of experience in Middle East (Essential).
fluent in English (Essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
Our client is undertaking a project that aims to restore access to critical urban service in selected cities within the Republic of Yemen under Yemen Integrated Urban Services Emergency Project – Phase two (YIUSEP-II) . One of these services is Energy services. Our client will be responsible for the design and implementation works of PV solar systems and diesel gensets that will increase the targeted facilities’ reliability and service capacity. All of that to be done ensuring highest standards in design, and respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for aesthetics, safety and sustainability.
The scope is to prepare technical designs, Bill of Quantities (BOQ), and tender documents of solar system and/or genset system solutions to target facilities in accordance with our client guidelines and standards.
This will include but not limited to:
● Carry out field visits to target facilities - which may include traveling to various governorates- to: a. Inspect and verify the actual needs; b. Consult with the facility’s management and administration about the expected needs. c. Identify the required space for system required components such as Solar PV panels, distribution and control boards, batteries, Diesel generators and fuel tanks. d. Identify connection points and assess their ability to withstand new sources. e. Estimate the average electricity loads of targeted facilities. f. Data collection for the electricity consuming equipment within the facility along with their wattage and its daily operational hours. g. Prepare accurate single line diagrams for the facility’s electrical network. h. Identify possible cable routes and any possible obstacles. i. Instruments. The engineer shall be familiar with measurement instruments and apparatus required for such assignment including Power Quality Analyzer (PQA) with data logger and clamp meter as minimum.
● Prepare appropriate energy system designs for target facilities based on actual electricity measurements and needs and according to site suitability. This will include the following: a. A full description of the target facility including its location (with GIS coordinates), existing capacity, functionality, provide photographs for the available electricity sources, loads, and the available areas for the system. b. AutoCAD drawings for the available areas presenting the south direction and azimuth, illustrating the proposed location for the inverter and storage systems and/or Gensets and fuel tanks. c. The design shall consider HSSE and aesthetic concerns.
● Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of designing processes and respond for any inquiries and modification requests from design review team through UNOPS energy specialist until getting final approval and design certificate.
● Working in coordination with our client Renewable Energy Coordinator, City Engineers and Social Safeguard Officer.
● The consultant will prepare and deliver the required documents in a professional way within specified working period which will include but not limited to: - Technical assessment report. - High quality digital photographs. - AutoCAD detailed design using approved layout templates. - Sizing Calculation sheets. - Bill of Quantities (BOQ), including detailed specifications and cost estimation.
● All team’s members shall be working side by side and perform all tasks assigned cooperatively.
● Protecting the confidentiality of work.
● Any additional duties required as needed within the scope of the project.