|Job title||VAC-6428 Event Manager|
|Duration||0 year -9 month|
Bachelors in 7 (Essential).
Minimum of 7 year/s of demonstrable relevant Management Consultancy experience(Essential).
Minimum of 7 year/s of experience in Africa (Essential).
fluent in English (Essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
Despite the deepening political divisions in Libya, UNDP, in partnership with community, government representatives and organizations, have made progress at the local level in stabilizing conflict-affected areas and contributed to improving the lives of the people affected by the conflict. In this context, UNDP is implementing several initiatives, supporting local governments to improve basic services delivery, security, and early economic recovery.
Through the Stabilization to Recovery Transition (START) project UNDP aims to enhance stabilization, resilience and peace in/for the Libyan society by providing livelihoods opportunities through a holistic, comprehensive approach provided by the Triple Nexus (HDP). The project targets for youth and women in particular, including vulnerable host communities and the internally displaced persons (IDPs), as well as returnees, refugees and migrants living among host communities. This approach will link development with major challenges in the country to prevent a return to conditions that foster violence and extremism. UNDP aims to support skills development and employment of youth and women through apprenticeship and vocational training programmes and development of job placement schemes to build more resilient communities in Libya.
UNDP Libya hold an Innovation Challenge project called Re-Start-up Marathon in October 2020. Based on the presented business ideas, UNDP selected around 35 business plans in Tripoli, Benghazi, and Tawergha. The overall objective of this project is to support entrepreneurs to re-establish businesses, increase employment, and promote social peace, stability and sustainable economic recovery in Libya. The project provides innovation challenge grants to the winners of the Re-Start-Up event to rebuild their businesses, which were destroyed or affected by the conflict. In August, the project plans to do In September 2021, the project plans to have a conference in Tripoli to present the outcome of the projects and present all Start-ups’ businesses.
For this purpose, UNDP Libya is seeking an Event Manager for the Re-Start Up project to support START-ups trade fairs in Tripoli, Tawergha, and Benghazi.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Management Specialist, the Event Manager will also be responsible of the following:
- Support planning stage of the conference with the project team;
- Support logistics of the conference through coordination with UNDP project team, event company, and counterparts;
- Coordinate with the START-ups in Tripoli, Benghazi, and Tawergha and support and monitor their preparation for the conference. The Start-ups are expected to make presentations to introduce their newly re-established businesses. So, the Event Manager shall oversight their preparation, including logistic check if the Start-ups need to take their business materials;
- Collect feedback from the participants in the event;
- Coordinate with the business development coaches to collect success stories of the Start-ups;
- Coordinate with the communication unit to ensure visibilities;
- Monitor and provide oversight to the event implementation and support the team to hold the event smoothly and successfully;
- Prepare and submit an Event Report, including the attendance sheet, success stories, feedback from the participants, the impact of the project, lesson learn and recommendation;
- Participate in the coordination meeting with UNDP and provide inputs and lessons learned;
- Undertake any other relevant tasks, as requested by the Project Management Specialist.
The following are the key deliverable expected during and towards the end of the assignment
to the Project Manager
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
§ Integrity: Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of United Nations in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct;
§ Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity: Demonstrating an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
§ Ability to think conceptually and flexibly, capacity to adapt, innovate, and propose multiple options.
§ A team player with good interpersonal skills
§ Ability to practice courtesy and diplomacy with high rank officials.
§ Time management skills.
§ Enjoy sensitivity for research and academic integrity.
§ Ability to work well under pressure and stressful environment
§ Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
§ Building support and political acumen
§ Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
§ Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning
§ Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
7. Evaluation Criteria
This role requires management field