|Job title||VAC-6424 Project Assistant (Youth Empowerment Outreach)|
|Duration||0 year 6 months|
Bachelor's in • Five years of working experience with secondary [high school] education; three years of working experience with bachelor’s degree. • Prior Outreach, Operations of Communication experience a strong advantage. • Strong computer skills - Word, Excel and Internet. (Essential).
Minimum of 3 years year/s of demonstrable relevant Migration experience(Essential).
Minimum of 3 years year/s of experience in MENA (Essential).
fluent in Arabic (Essential).
fluent in English (Essential).
working in French (Desirable).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the general supervision of the LHD Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the LHD Project Officer, the incumbent is responsible for undertaking developing, implementing/organizing communications and outreach activities to foster visibility and awareness about the services offered by IOM’s flagship Youth Employment One-Stop-Shop (YESS) among potential beneficiaries including but not limited to migrants and host community youth.
1. In synergy with relevant IOM Libya Units (Protection, Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) and Migrant Resource and Respond Mechanism (MRRM) coordinate implementation of outreach activities towards youth, including in migrants’ communities across Tripoli, to identify migrants interested in benefiting from YESS services. These include, inter alia, language and soft skills training initiatives, job fairs, cultural events among others
2. Arrange meetings with youth volunteer organizations, civil society network and Embassies of Third Country Nationals (TCNs), community leaders and migrants to disseminate information on YESS and other IOM Migrant centred services in Tripoli;
3. Maintain and nurture working relationships with relevant LHD stakeholders, including local authorities, civil society, UN agencies, international and national NGOs;
4. Organize various outreach events including language exchanges and soft skills trainings, cultural events, career guidance and counselling among others
5. Support the organization of other initiatives at the YESS including inter-ministerial meetings, one migration management trainings and labour migration facilitation advocacy workshops
6. Support in developing and managing all visibility materials related to YESS services
7. Monitor the referral pathways, both internally to other IOM services as well as external referrals, for quality services provision for YESS beneficiaries;
8. Conduct periodical monitoring surveys among YESS beneficiaries to assess relevancy of project interventions;
9. Monitor and manage Community Mobilizers mechanism across the city, to allow wider reach of Libyan youth and migrants to YESS services;
10. Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the LHD Management and keep supervisor immediately informed of any issues that arise
11. Demonstrate professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.)
12. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Reporting to LHD Project Officer.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies:
Creativity and Initiative
Leadership and Negotiation
Planning and Organizing
Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
· Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
No managerial responsibilities are needed.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.