|VAC-10810 Civil Engineer
|Nuristan, Badakhshan, Laghman, Sar e Pul.
|Number of vacancies
Master's in Civil Engineering or related area (Bachelor degree with a minimum of Seven years of experienced may be accepted.) (essential).
Minimum of seven year/s of demonstrable relevant Construction experience (essential).
Minimum of 5 Years year/s of experience in Afghanistan (essential).
Fluent in English (essential).
Fluent in Dari (essential).
Fluent in Pashto (essential).
CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
|Overview of position
The services of 4 professional Civil Engineers are required in Badakshan, Nuristan, Laghman and Sarpul to carry out detailed technical assessment and prepare technical documents for 64 schools, in collaboration with a team of Engineers from Ministry of Education, under the supervision of UNICEF’s Construction Unit Extenders are identified among Afghani citizens with specific expertise and a thorough knowledge of the territory in which they operate, based on their residency and/or work experience.
The Key duties and responsibilities of the Engineering Extender include:
• Visit each school in the province assigned and carry out technical assessment, in collaboration with relevant partner (ISD-Infrastructure Service Department), to determine the rehabilitation/renovation requirements
• Provide detailed report on key findings of the technical assessment and provide recommendations for renovation/rehabilitation, prioritizing needs based on available budget
• Prepare detailed technical documents:
o CAD drawing of existing layout of school o Drawings and design (structural where applicable) for planned renovation/construction works o Detailed Priced Bill of Quantity (BOQ)
• Perform any other duties as may be requested by UNICEF
Reporting to the Project Manager
· At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.
· CTG has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) which is outlined in its Code of Conduct. Protection from SEA is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to CTG’s Code of Conduct at all times.